CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 8 September 2012

First move


This is process that I have face in order to get the internship placement.
First, prepare the resume. The resume will be check by the subject coordinator to ensure the information given is accurate. Here is my resume:


NAJMIN BINTI KAMAN



7, Jalan Indah 2,
Taman Selayang Indah,
68100 Batu Caves,
Selangor.
Contact No: +6017-xxx xxxx
E-Mail        : kaman_min@yahoo.com
NRIC          :

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Current                  : Kolej Poly-Tech MARA Kuala Lumpur collaboration with Coventry
  University, United Kingdom
                              BSc (HONS) Business IT with Accounting (Average Mark:)
2008-2009             : International University College of Technology Twintech, Kuala Lumpur
                              Foundation for Business (CGPA:)
2002-2003             : SMK St Mary, Kuala Lumpur (SPM:)
1999-2002            : SMK (P) Sultan Ibrahim, Johor Bahru (PMR:)

WORKING EXPERIENCES
2007-2008            : Visual Merchandise Artist
                              Parkson Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
2003-2006             : Part Time Cashier
                              Golden Screen Cinema

OTHER
Languages Proficiency: Bahasa Malaysia (Fluent), English (Moderate)
Computer Literacy           : MS Office, Photoshop, HTML, Dreamweaver, SQL, EasyPHP
Interest                           : Art (Cold Glass, Print Making, Painting), Extreme Activity

CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY
President of Entrepreneur Club, Kolej Poly-Tech MARA
Secretary of Mentor Mentee Programme
EQS Leadership Training 2011
Team Building Camp 2010
Kursus Bina Negara Mahasiswa 2010
Kursus Asas Keusahawanan Pastry dan Bakery by NCIA 2009
Kursus Latihan Keusahawanan Dan Kemahiran Kraf Kreatif Aksesori Fesyen by Ministry of Human Resource 2009
Kasih Kami Art Exhibition 2005

ACHIEVEMENT
Dean list award: First Semester (Average Mark:)
                          : Second Semester (Average Mark:)

REFERENCES

i)              Ms Zurina  Bt Jusoh
Subject Coordinator
013-3408733

ii)             Ms Azizah Bt Mohammad
Supervisor GSC Pavillion, KL
012-6588182

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Najmin Binti Kaman
7, Jalan Indah 2,
Taman Selayang Indah,                                                                                                           
  68100 Batu Caves, 
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Contact no: +6017-6120857
Email address: kaman_min@yahoo.com
19/04/2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

APPLICATION FOR INTERSHIP PLACEMENT

I am sending you this for your kind consideration for an internship opportunity in your company for a period of 2 month, starting from 28 May 2012 until 20 July 2012.

I am currently pursuing a degree in Business IT with Accounting at Kolej Poly-Tech MARA (collaboration with Coventry University, United Kingdom). As an important part of my qualification requirement, I am required to complete my internship where I could get experience on both information technology (IT) and business.

I have a few experiences in working with several companies which helped me to develop my interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Thus I am able to cope with different working environment and working under pressure.

The enclosed, resume and the necessary academic documents would provide you detail more about me, my academic qualifications and experiences. I hope my resourceful academic and practical knowledge would help your company.

I would be great full, if you could arrange me an interview with your company.  So I will be able to present myself in person. Please feel free to contact me should you require further information.

Yours sincerely,
Najmin Binti Kaman




Second, did a few searches on companies that have internship programme through Jobstreet and Part time post. After I identify the company that offer the internship programme that suit with my field of study, I started to send the e-mail. 

Since the first three application has been rejected, I started to send my application to many companies. As the result, I get my first offer  from UK's Holding. The company is a beverage manufacturer located in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan.

A week before the internship start, I get the call by Perbadanan Nasional Berhad. They offer me to undergo internship programme under IT department.  Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (PNS) , located in Bangsar South City, is an agency under the Ministry of Domestic Trade Cooperatives and Consumerism, which has been mandated to lead the development of Malaysia’s franchise industry. 

After make a few discussion, I choose to undergo my internship at PNS. I have send the letter to UK'S Holding to inform and apologize for reject their offer. 


3 comments:

  1. salam..nice blog..i had make a call to PNS to seek for any practical placement since all my 1st application was unsuccessful.my major is mrktg financial services.since u had an experience in doing internshp with PNS could u pls share bout their working environment?whether so hectic @ not?looking at task given to u i'm so afraid that if i couldnt fulfill their requirement whenever if do my practcal there.u did the great job.it was so amazing,the banner designed by u was being used by them for events & so forth.proud of u =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualaikum. Hai. Tidak lama lagi saya juga akan intern di PNS. Boleh saya tanya, PNS ada bagi allowance tak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assalamualaikum.saya nak tanya, pns reply permohonan awak ambik masa lama tak.sebab saya nak apply untuk januari 2017.sempat lagi tak mohon huhu

      Delete